Mtavruli Kakheti Tsinandali ACO 2019

$27.50

A traditional dry white wine from famed Tsinandali ACO, Kakheti, Georgia. The wine has delicate floral, mandarin, and nectarine notes. Medium body and relatively high acidity. This appellation represents the top quality of Georgian dry white.

 

Product of Georgia

9 in stock

$27.50

9 in stock

Add to cart
Buy Now
GTIN: 2000000102412 Categories: , ,

Tsinandali ACO is of one of eighteen Protected designated wine appellations in Georgia, named after the township that the vineyard area surrounds. Most of the vines are planted on right bank of the Alazani River, near Telavi in eastern Georgia, 100km (60 miles) northeast of the capital, Tblisi. The river here flows southeast before becoming the geographical border between Georgia and Azerbaijan and flowing into the Mingachevir reservoir and, eventually, the Caspian Sea.

The area has continental climate, moderately humid, with hot summers and mild winters. Air temperatures are moderate, with an annual average of 12.4°C and a summertime average of 23.2°C.

A dry white wine of Tsinandali is usually a white blend between Rkatsiteli and small amount of Mtsvane Kakhuri. Rkatsiteli must comprise a minimum of 85 percent of any Tsinandali white wine with Mtsvane Kakhuri making up the remainder (no more than 15 percent), if required. Rkatsiteli provides the floral, sweet fruity notes, while Mtsvane has citrus note and body weight. Some 100% Rkatsiteli are also made, but most of critics believe the blend offers better palate balance.

The grape variety Rkatsiteli.
The grape variety Mtsvane Kakhuri.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cameron Douglas MS, score 93/100 points.

Weight 1.3 kg
Dimensions 10.5 × 10.5 × 30 cm
Country

Wine Type

,

Serving and Ageing

Serve in Bordeaux white wine glasses, at around 10℃.
Ageing won't benefit this wine, but it will hold its ground until at least around 2028.

1 review for Mtavruli Kakheti Tsinandali ACO 2019

    admin
    January 5, 2024
    Aromas and flavours of fresh citrus and pear, lemon and bosc, white peach then exotic white spices. Some apple and pith then a floral note layer in complexity. Very youthful with a firm texture and plenty of acidity - this highlights some mineral qualities. Refreshing, salty, salivating and well made. Best drinking from 2022 through 2028+. With food to accompany, a wine I think you should try.
    Score: 93/100, Cameron Douglas MS, 16th April 2022.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.

Your age be 18 years old to enter